[LinuxBIOS] MSI MS-6337 (i815 based)

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Sun Oct 14 01:25:00 CEST 2007

Quoting Jouni Mettälä <jtmettala at gmail.com>:

> Using just one dimm made it better. It gave last line FILO version
> 0.5(desktop) and date. Image is slightly modified.  I hopefully
> disabled
> onboard  vga. It is set to 2.0 and off.  Also  other  things  in my opinion
> not so important now as paraller port and floppy are set off. Could
> unconnected floppy drive affect to PNP errors?
>
> northbridge is changed by just using device number 0x1130 instead of 0x7120
> in northbridge.c
>
> Filo.elf is different this time too.
>
> Is the ram working good enough with one chip? Does elfload tell anythig to
> you?

Have you tried ram_check() in auto.c? Sounds like you may have some
memory initialization problems like I was having. You can try this:

1. Enable debugging output in raminit.c, build and run to get the bootlog.
/* Uncomment this to enable debugging output. */
#define DEBUG_RAM_SETUP 1

2. As root with the factory bios do a lspci -xxx.

3. Compaire the 00:00.0 Host bridge from lspci -xxx to the Northbridge
following SDRAM init: PCI: 00:00.00 from your bootlog. Especially the
DRB registers. I had two DRB registers that were supposed to be
reserved but they are not. I set those and boom it booted:-)

Hope that helps.

Thanks - Joe