[LinuxBIOS] M57SLI Rev2.0 SPI - how to add the second bios chip (incl. pictures)

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Sun Oct 14 13:11:43 CEST 2007

Peter Stuge wrote:

>> getting these chips is quite hard, here in europe,
>
> I have a couple of 8Mbit SST25VF080B sample chips that I can pass on.
> I can't sell them but if you pay for postage I'll send you one or
> two. They are in WSON package which is footprint compatible with
> SOIC but not quite as easy to work with because no pins are exposed.
>
> I can probably also get hold of chips for resale if there is need.

Yes please, I got a M57SLI months ago, but it is series 2. I got the
"wrong series 1 chips", and have not made any progress since.  I have
tried to order the needed BIOS chip, but will no success.  I have a
local computer shop who will do the soldering, (I am a programmer and
would not have a clue on engineering).

Please contact me if you can get the chip required to modify a recent
series 2 mother board.

Chris Lingard