[LinuxBIOS] FYI Asus ships mainboard with Linux, Firefox & Skype sitting in flashrom :)

Simon Kellett zoxed_c at arcor.de
Sun Oct 14 14:02:27 CEST 2007

"Peter Lemenkov" <lemenkov at gmail.com> writes:

> Maybe somebody didn't see it yet?
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=869
>
> They'd better use LinuxBIOS :)

Since my last post on it (29th Sept) (where I asked the question of
whether LinuxBIOS is used) I have read more: the following article
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjEwNw says it is a
combination of Linux and "proprietary" bits, although I found the
article a little confusing (CE is proprietary, and later CS is Linux +
some other stuff).

If anyone is interested here is my collection of links on it:
http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=572&l4=0&model=1872&modelmenu=1
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjEwNw
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=869&num=1
http://www.pclaunches.com/motherboard/asus_p5e3_deluxewifiapn_motherboard.php
Video: http://www.slashgear.com/video-of-asus-instant-on-linux-dual-boot-distro-shows-skype-voip-097877.php

--
Simon Kellett, Darmstadt, Germany  |  http://www.zoxed.eu
Gentoo Linux, Fvwm, Firefox        |     Xemacs, vm, Gnus