[LinuxBIOS] M57SLI Rev2.0 SPI - how to add the second bios chip (incl. pictures)

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon Oct 15 01:06:00 CEST 2007

On 15.10.2007 00:41, Harald Gutmann wrote:
> after a friend of mine (wolfgang illmeyer) implemented the code to write to
> the spi chip, i can finally give you the following output:

Great!

> %<--------------------------------------------------------------------
> benchvice flashrom # ./flashrom -m
> gigabyte:m57sli -w /home/hg87/src/linuxbios/buildrom-devel/linuxbios_onchip.rom
> Calibrating delay loop... ok
> No LinuxBIOS table found.
> Found chipset "NVIDIA MCP55": Enabling flash write... OK.
> Found board "GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI": Enabling flash write... Serial flash segment
> 0xfffe0000-0xffffffff enabled
> Serial flash segment 0x000e0000-0x000fffff enabled
> Serial flash segment 0xffee0000-0xffefffff disabled
> Serial flash segment 0xfff80000-0xfffeffff enabled
> LPC write to serial flash enabled
> serial flash pin 29
> OK.
> RDID returned c2 20 13
> MX25L4005 found at physical address: 0xfff80000
> Flash part is MX25L4005 (512 KB)
> benchvice flashrom # ./flashrom -m
> gigabyte:m57sli -v /home/hg87/src/linuxbios/buildrom-devel/linuxbios_onchip.rom
> Calibrating delay loop... ok
> No LinuxBIOS table found.
> Found chipset "NVIDIA MCP55": Enabling flash write... OK.
> Found board "GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI": Enabling flash write... Serial flash segment
> 0xfffe0000-0xffffffff enabled
> Serial flash segment 0x000e0000-0x000fffff enabled
> Serial flash segment 0xffee0000-0xffefffff disabled
> Serial flash segment 0xfff80000-0xfffeffff enabled
> LPC write to serial flash enabled
> serial flash pin 29
> OK.
> RDID returned c2 20 13
> MX25L4005 found at physical address: 0xfff80000
> Flash part is MX25L4005 (512 KB)
> Verifying flash - VERIFIED
> benchvice flashrom #
> %<------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> i didn't try to boot the linuxbios until now, and the code is quite ugly and
> not cleaned up these times.
>
> i'll try to get the code cleaned up in the next few days, and poste the code
> to the list.

Great, thanks! The code I have also is not polished, so even if your
code is ugly, it is better than no code. We can clean up that stuff
together.

I have a few patches pending to flashrom which restructure the SPI code,
but they don't change function prototypes, so your code is likely to
work fine even after my changes.
> but now, i try to boot the linuxbios.

Good luck!

Regards,