[LinuxBIOS] FYI Asus ships mainboard with Linux, Firefox & Skype sitting in flashrom :)

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 01:32:12 CEST 2007

On 10/14/07, Simon Kellett <zoxed_c at arcor.de> wrote:
> "Peter Lemenkov" <lemenkov at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Maybe somebody didn't see it yet?
> >
> > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=869
> >
> > They'd better use LinuxBIOS :)
>
> Since my last post on it (29th Sept) (where I asked the question of
> whether LinuxBIOS is used) I have read more: the following article
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjEwNw says it is a
> combination of Linux and "proprietary" bits, although I found the
> article a little confusing (CE is proprietary, and later CS is Linux +
> some other stuff).

According to Michael Larabel at Phoronix.com, "the source-code for
SplashTop isn't available for download; however, complying with the
terms of the GNU GPL license, developers that email DeviceVM for the
source-code can have a CD mailed to them. In the coming months the
source-code will be publicly available on the Internet."
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=870&num=1

It seems kind of silly for them to only offer CDs for now, but there
you have it.  I'm sure that within a day of the CDs being mailed out
we will see the source reposted online...