[LinuxBIOS] Kernel lock-ups??

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Tue Oct 16 09:43:12 CEST 2007

>> Interrupts are very obviously broken.  In this case, its waiting for an
>> interrupt to verify that the 'hlt' instruction works.  You can work around
>> this as well, if you want, but its really going to be in your best interest
>> to figure out whats wrong in the BIOS.
>
> Copying IRQ routing tables to 0xf0000...done.
> Verifing copy of IRQ routing tables at 0xf0000...done
> Checking IRQ routing table consistency...
> check_pirq_routing_table() - irq_routing_table located at: 0x000f0000
> done.
> Moving GDT to 0x500...ok
> Adjust low_table_end from 0x00000530 to 0x00001000
> Adjust rom_table_end from 0x000f0400 to 0x00100000
> Wrote linuxbios table at: 00000530 - 000006ec  checksum 622a

So it looks like the IRQ routing tables are copied to 0xf0000. This is
the Upper Bios Area 0x0F0000(960K) - 0x0FFFFF(1MB) Correct?? Could
this area be write only? I have the PAM register set to R/W. This is
also the "shadow" Bios area, could that be the issue? Is there a way
to dump this area in human readable format right after the
check_pirq_routing_table() function, so I can see what the heck is
going on here? By the way I used getpir.c to get my irq_tables.c file.
Could this be messed up? If so how come the functions above do not
detect any errors?

Thanks - Joe