[LinuxBIOS] etherboot

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Oct 18 01:16:26 CEST 2007

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 07:21:38PM +0000, Markus wrote:
> pxe with orginal bios works.
> But with Linuxbios and etherboot not.

You need a different Etherboot image when it's going to be used as a
payload with LB, but you probably knew that already.

> There the log of the client:
>
> Welcome to elfboot, the open souro load at offset 0x0
                                   ^     ^

These messages do not match what is in the source code, so there was
corruption somewhere between the source code and the mailing list.

The first step is to find where that comes from. It may be as simple
as typos, but please do set up serial logging then, so that we get
accurate debug messages from the code to work with.

It may also be caused by bad RAM, which is much more difficult to
fix.

> New segment addr 0Clearing SegmentROM segment 0xfetherboot 5.2.6 (GPL)
This is hard (read: impossible) to work with. :\

> Is something with etherboot not corect?

Maybe, maybe a problem with LB. Please send the full serial output
from LB all the way through EB.

//Peter