[LinuxBIOS] M57SLI Rev2.0 SPI - how to add the second bios chip (incl. pictures)

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Oct 18 22:58:11 CEST 2007

On 18.10.2007 17:13, Harald Gutmann wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2007 17:05:30 schrieb Ward Vandewege:

>>> the chips go up to 32mbit with 50mhz to 75/85mhz and 8 pins, but i wasn't
>>> able to find them in europe until now. 64mbit are only available with 16
>>> pins.
>>>
>>> farnell has an sst chip with right pin position, speed (50mhz) and 16mb
>>> in its store. which cost's about 3€.
>>>
> 16Mbit Chip:
> SST25VF016B-50-4I-S2AF

Do not order a lot of SST chips, they are much more difficult to support
with the current flashrom architecture. You could order one and check if
they support the RDID instruction (data sheet is silent about RDID), but
I have no idea if they do.
EON chips have other pitfalls, but they should theoretically still be
easier to support.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel