[LinuxBIOS] Flashrom and superiotool on non-x86 platforms?

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 15:17:50 CEST 2007

Hello All!
Does anybody tried to use linuxbios and LB-tools on non-x86 platforms?
There are some issues we need to fir even for compilation (not for
successful usage).

One thing I found so far is excessive usage of non-portable inb/outb
macros. For instance - inb may be emulated as folliwing:

+unsigned char inb (unsigned short int port)
+{
+       static unsigned char in = 0;
+       FILE* f = fopen ("/dev/port", "a");
+       if (f !=NULL){
+               if (fseek (f, port, SEEK_SET) == port){
+                       fread (&in, sizeof (unsigned char), 1, f);
+                       fclose (f);
+                       return in;
+       }
+       return ERROR;

But I need an advice - I found ppc970 branch of LinuxBIOS - who
maintains it and what's the current status of that port? Does anyone
successfully boots any non-x86 machine using LinuxBIOS?

--
With best regards!