[LinuxBIOS] virtual box

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 19:29:23 CEST 2007

I think it's time we put an lguest kernel in flash, and show the world
how free software does virtualization.

This is a much simpler task than putting (e.g.) kvm in flash, as the
helper for kvm (qemu) is pretty heavy: close to 4MB, whereas the
lguest program which runs guests is a mere (!) 600K. And, unless we
care about windows (I don't), we don't really need what kvm does.

But we're going to need 2 mbyte flash parts. I need a little guidance
here, probably from Ward. I want to buy a kick-ass(TM) mainboard which
runs LB, is supported by buildrom, and will support 2MB flash parts. I
want to buy the package from (e.g.) newegg. This will be a wiki entry
when I'm done.

So:
- what board?
- where do I buy the flash parts
- I need a nice quiet case. Any suggestions?
- I assume just about any old disk will do.
- any favorite video card? Cheap is better.

thanks

ron