[LinuxBIOS] GA M57SLI _really_ supported?

Torsten Duwe duwe at lst.de
Sat Oct 27 01:22:19 CEST 2007

On Friday 26 October 2007, Ward Vandewege wrote:
> No, this is it (the thread continued into this month):
>
>   http://www.linuxbios.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2007-October/025385.html

Can someone please attach some source code to the term "dumpio"?
The FAQ does not tell anything, nor does the LB source.

> I think we can probably get the other one working by fiddling some more
> with the registers. I tried the most obvious things but to no avail yet.

The same old story. HW manufacturers wire up GPIOs any way they like...

> There's a workaround for the slow X startup; add
>  Option   "NoDDC2"

Will try; maybe it helps radeons, too.

> to your X config, as documented here:
>
>   http://linuxbios.org/index.php/GIGABYTE_GA-M57SLI-S4_Build_Tutorial

This has changed quite a bit since I last looked at it early this year. Good
work!

> It's an nvidia-based card, and I use the free (nv) driver, not the
> proprietary nvidia driver.

Guess why I keep bying X800? Fastest 3D with open source. This one is an
R480-based X850XT [1002:5d52] by ATI/Sapphire, I guess.

> Suggestions on getting the interrupts sorted out?

The PCI config should be close enough now. Either the board does not generate
them in the first place, or something near the IO-APIC eats them.

So where's this dumpio?

	Torsten