[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBIOS and FreeBSD

Philip Schulz phs at deadc0.de
Sat Oct 27 23:54:56 CEST 2007

Uwe Hermann wrote:
> Btw, you mention in the wiki that VGA won't work. AFAIK it _should_
> work
> with the latest LinuxBIOSv2 version and the required (patched)
> vgabios-cirrus.bin file in your $HOME (or whereever your bios.bin is
> stored). Also, I know for sure that VGA works in v3, too. While v3 is
> still in development, the QEMU target works fine already (including
> VGA).

I didn't try VGA because I explicitly want a system w/o VGA. That's not
so important for QEMU, but I'd like to try things out on real hardware
sometime soon.

Anyways, I assume you're talking about the vgabios-cirrus.bin file build
from (patched) sources by the project at http://www.nongnu.org/vgabios/?
If so, I've just downloaded version 0.6a and tried to build it, but it
fails. The failure is documented below, if anyone is interested.

Regards,

Philip

--

vgabios-06a build failure follows:

[phs at thinkpad ~/vgabios-0.6a]$ gmake
gcc -o biossums biossums.c
biossums.c: In function 'main':
biossums.c:63: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function 'memset'
gcc -o vbetables-gen vbetables-gen.c
./vbetables-gen > vbetables.h
gcc -E vgabios.c  -DVBE "-DVGABIOS_DATE=\"`date '+%d %b %Y'`\"" >
_vgabios_.c
bcc -o vgabios.s -C-c -D__i86__ -S -0 _vgabios_.c
_vgabios_.c:1: error: Unknown preprocessor directive
_vgabios_.c:2: error: Unknown preprocessor directive
_vgabios_.c:3: error: Unknown preprocessor directive
_vgabios_.c:4: error: Unknown preprocessor directive
_vgabios_.c:5: error: Unknown preprocessor directive
_vgabios_.c:6: error: Unknown preprocessor directive

[...]

[phs at thinkpad ~/vgabios-0.6a]$ head _vgabios_.c
# 1 "vgabios.c"
# 1 "<built-in>"
# 1 "<command-line>"
# 1 "vgabios.c"