[LinuxBIOS] v3 status?

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 06:19:00 CET 2007

ron minnich wrote:
> no hardware on v3. There is an almost-done geode port.
>
> We can use the help
>
> ron

Hmm, I have no geode (except an NX kicking around somewhere), but I'm
looking at the c7, cn700, and vt8237r. I've ported most of the
northbridge and superio code, next comes the southbridge. A couple
questions, if you don't mind too much:

In the dts:
pcipath = "x,y";

x and y are device and function, correct? (only ask because it looks odd
on some of them). How do we handle devices on another bus?

Where should/is serial init done? For a separate superio should it be in
the initram main(), or is it handled by dts/Kconfig magic? Is calling
uart/console init still necessary?

What's needed for cache as ram (on via c3/7)? Should the generic
stage0_i586.S do the trick (or be made to do the trick)? And will/should
each cpu have its own folder like in v2, or is there some better and
more generic plan?

Sorry for all the questions, but it's a bit difficult to figure out when
the only examples are geode and emulation ;)

Thanks,
Corey