[LinuxBIOS] GA M57SLI _really_ supported?

Harald Gutmann harald.gutmann at gmx.net
Sun Oct 28 21:52:28 CET 2007

Am Donnerstag, 25. Oktober 2007 20:12:31 schrieb Torsten Duwe:
> Hi all,
>
> trying to get my machine into productive use with LinuxBIOSv2 I just found
> major issues with the bridge configuration. The primary PCIe cannot
> generate interrupts, the other PCIe bridges are configured although the
> slots are empty (the legacy BIOS does not do that), and the non-express PCI
> slots don't even seem to exist!
that problem also exists here.
grapic card works, but just with the nv driver module, because the propritary
module cannot be used without interrupts.

"(EE) NVIDIA(0): The NVIDIA kernel module does not appear to be receiving
(EE) NVIDIA(0):     interrupts generated by the NVIDIA graphics device
(EE) NVIDIA(0):     PCI:7:0:0.  Please see Chapter 8: Common Problems in the
(EE) NVIDIA(0):     README for additional information.
(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVIDIA graphics device!"

> Question: is anyone successfully using any of the slots?
using yes, but not really successfully.

> 	Torsten
Harald