[LinuxBIOS] Status of the CS5535 southbridge?

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Mon Oct 29 17:01:14 CET 2007

On 27/10/07 19:38 +0200, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 05:37:11PM -0700, Adam Talbot wrote:
> > I have a wyse term 3150se system that I would like to install linuxbios
> > on.  Does any know the status of the CS55535?  Also, what type of Geode
>
> Should work AFAIK. Just try it...

Actually, I don't think it will work.

> > is this, can I uses i686 with GCC, or will that give me errors?   Trying
> > to figure out what Cflags I can use.
> > http://gentoo-wiki.com/Safe_Cflags
>
> I guess a generic 686 kernel should work fine (as it does on GX1 boxes),
> if that's what you're asking.

You shouldn't use 686 - these are i586 instruction sets.  But there are
some native i686 instructions, and they do run the risk of tripping you
up (as happened to OLPC last year when readhat put 686 native instructions
into 'as', with the less then hilarious results).

Jordan
--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer