[LinuxBIOS] GIGABYTE GA-2761GXDK

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Tue Oct 30 05:08:28 CET 2007

On 30/10/07 01:41 +0100, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 06:00:55PM -0600, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> > Morgan's team likely does not participate in the X11 work, and if
> > they did, the decision to release those drivers would be up to
> > management, and not to the poor engineers.
>
> But then they would know what the decision was, and they are in a
> unique position to find out if it can be made public in this forum.
>
> We will certainly respect "Sorry, I can't answer that" but asking
> can't hurt, can it?

Speaking as an engineer that works for a company that has the same
exact problem (and speaking as an engineer that has been repeatedly
asked the same question), is yes.. it does hurt.  Morgan gave us
everything he could.  Why turn right around on the heels of the
submission and ask for more?  Especially for a driver that has nothing
at all to do with this project?  If nothing else, its horrible timing.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer