[LinuxBIOS] Which BIOS Savior for VIA EPIA M-II?

Coquelicot coquelicot408 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 09:35:56 CET 2007

>On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 03:27:36AM +0100, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
>> * Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> [071030 03:23]:
>> >
>> > Note that I don't know if anyone has actually gotten this to work. I
>> > made some effort about a year ago but there were issues. There was
>> > some discussion on this very topic about one month ago too, look for
>> > a thread in the archive either late September or beginning of October.
>>
>> There was a small program for the initrd that would fix it by
>> resetting the CF controller after FILO would use it as IDE.
>
>That's right! It works with an initrd! Forgot about that.
>

>> The correct fix would be to put this piece of code in FILO itself
>> after the kernel was loaded.
>>
>> I can't seem to find that code anymore though.
>
>LinuxBIOSv2/util/resetcf/resetcf.c
>

>//Peter

Great, big thanks for reminding me about that. I will statically compile it
and add it to the initrd _and_ will call it from 'init'/'linuxrc' script. I
have also ordered 2 extra BIOS chips and as soon as they arrive, I will try
to make it work :-). Thanks also for the tip with gluing the handles to the
chips, I'll give it a go! :D

--
Lukasz