[LinuxBIOS] Linking issues in v3...

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Wed Oct 31 00:40:05 CET 2007

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 04:21:50PM -0700, ron minnich wrote:
> On 10/30/07, Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> wrote:
>
> > Um, how about we make it work and _then_ commit?
>
> because, sometimes, it's useful to see where someone is going with
> something and help them out. A lot of v3 did not work while stefan and
> I were committing, but we wanted people to see the directions we were
> taking.

Sure, that's good and no problem, but you don't have to (and shouldn't IMO)
_commit_ the stuff. Patches on the list serve this purpose quite well.

I find it really awkward to commit stuff we are _sure_ is broken...
Let's fix it on the list and commit when it actually works (at least
_sort of_ works). Committing completely broken code doesn't help at all.

Uwe.