[LinuxBIOS] AMD 690G chipset support in LinuxBIOS v2

Darmawan Salihun darmawan.salihun at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 04:37:04 CEST 2007

Hi all,
    I've grepped through the source code last night but haven't found code
for board that uses this chipset. Is there any support coming down the road?
I'm planning to buy a new system for BIOS experiments in the next few days.
This chipset is a candidate for me. I want a chipset with onboard video and
K8 processor.
    I choose K8 because the datasheet for the memory controller is readily
available. I'm open for any suggestion(s). Basically, I just want a system
that can run Vista, support multicore processor and can be used for
LinuxBIOS experiments (preferably without soldering stuff needed).
    Anyway, one further question: hot-flashing can be done on SPI chips as
well, right?

Regards,

Darmawan Salihun