[LinuxBIOS] i82801DB PCI Bridge locking up

Tom Sylla tsylla at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:45:01 CEST 2007

joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
> So, I should just need to clear any parity and serr errors after
> pci_bus_enable_resources() function runs but before the
> pci_dev_enable_resources() function runs. Like this:

Well, my suggestion was only to try that as a debug tactic. PERR or SERR
set is probably something bad: misconfigured or misbehaving hardware. I
don't know if blindly clearing them at first is the right solution,
especially for all boards.

It is only an interesting piece of data if that fix works reliably on
your board.