[LinuxBIOS] badly initialized (?) pci bridge on the M57SLI (with irq table and mptable)

echelon at free.fr echelon at free.fr
Tue Sep 18 03:07:53 CEST 2007

 Hi,
 I answer on behalf of Ward.. (he owns a SPI revision of the ga-m57sli too but
he hasn't an external spi programmer so he cannot do tests with LinuxBIOS yet..)
 So I attach 2 logs of LinuxBIOS + Linux boot:
 -1) vga_pci.txt => with a VGA PCI card
 -2) vga_pcie.txt => with a VGA PCIe card
 We can see that the PCI bridge (devicepath = 00.06.0) cannot detect any device
plugged when scanning the secondary bus (contrary to the PCIe bridges which do
the scan correctly).
 One last thing : unfortunately I managed to toast the SPI programmer that I
manufactured myself so for the momment I have no mean to reflash the bios chip..
:/
 I know that I should increase the level of logging in LB..
 I hope to fix this these days, and then more detailed logging I will send.

Best regards, Florentin