[LinuxBIOS] linuxbios support for thinkpads?

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 21:49:14 CEST 2007

Hiya,

I'm in the market for a new laptop on which to run Ubuntu, and
Lenovo's Thinkpads look like a good choice.

I like the idea of running an open BIOS, but looking at past posts to
the mailing list, it appears that certain chipsets (such as those for
the T60) are not supported:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bios/19651

I believe that certain (older) Thinkpad chipsets are supported, but
what about the 945 or the 965 (for the T61) ?

The "Supported Chipsets" page (below) hasn't had any updates in a
couple of months -- is that the best place for me to determine if
Linux BIOS is compatible with a particular chipset/system?

http://linuxbios.org/index.php/Supported_Chipsets_and_Devices

Thanks,
-- Robinson