[LinuxBIOS] Missing IRQ table entries; irq_tables.c problem?

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Wed Sep 19 18:45:05 CEST 2007

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 09:29:28AM +0200, Juergen Beisert wrote:
> > I don't know when the change occurred, but in the 2.6, it won't setup the
> > IRQ router without a patch.
>
> Yes. It only supports the CS5520. If it detects the CS5530 it states:
>
> PCI: Using IRQ router NatSemi [1078/0100] at 0000:00:12.0
>
> But does not touch any register. My upstream patch was rejected, as it breaks
> all the lousy CS5520 targets with broken IRQ routing tables.

Isn't it possible to special-case the CS5520 code, so both CS5520 and
CS5530 will work in the kernel?

> But I can live with the patch on my target. Nevertheless I would be happy when
> LB does this job itself.

Yes and no. The CS5530 code in the kernel is definately broken, that
part should be fixed in the kernel, IMHO. We could add a hack in
LinuxBIOS, but the real fix has to happen in the kernel if I'm not
mistaken.

Uwe.