[LinuxBIOS] ADLO flakiness

Myles Watson myles at pel.cs.byu.edu
Wed Sep 19 23:08:56 CEST 2007

I'd appreciate your help with this:

I haven't programmed with bcc or as86 before, and I'm having trouble using
the Bochs BIOS print routines.

I don't know what I've done, but adding printfs regularly breaks the code.
Adding another (or two) will sometimes fix it again.

Does anyone have an idea of what to look for?

I have the FILO driver working as far as identifying my drives and
populating the BIOS structures.  There is only a little bit left to do, and
if it didn't hang so often it would help me progress a bit faster.

I would have posted the output or the code, but just about any printf kills
it, and I've looked through the assembly and various c files, and verified
that they are the only things getting added.

I'm thinking the most likely candidate is extra arguments being pushed onto
the stack, or extra ones being popped off, or something.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,
Myles