[LinuxBIOS] dealing with "fake" NBs from the LB perspective

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sun Sep 23 22:00:48 CEST 2007

* Rudolf Marek <r.marek at assembler.cz> [070923 21:20]:

> 2) put "southbridge chip" statement to config.lb place it in src/southbridge
>
> This means it is SB chip from the perspecitvethat only real NB have memory
> cotroller.

The names northbridge, southbridge are basically arbitrary. I wonder
whether this is a differentiation that we should keep up in v3 at all?
It's all rather components.

In my opinion the K8T890 code should go to southbridge/via as for
example all nvidia "north bridge" code (what exactly qualifies those
bridges as north bridges?) is in southbridge, too.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613