[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBIOS from Dell

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 02:40:54 CEST 2007

I think it has to be an AMD laptop. Intel is just not gonna play at
this point, as far as I can tell.

Would be interesting to get Shuttleworth, AMD, this group, and a
vendor together. The key thing is you have to make a business case.
Businesses are averse to doing things for what they see as religious
reasons. There has to be a very solid, money-making reason to do it.

in some markets, the cost of the BIOS alone is a strong reason. At
embedded systems conference I saw how carefully costs are trimmed,
down to the penny. But the BIOS costs (per node) are 10 times what
they save on some parts.

Of course, we have to boot windows or find someone that does not care
about booting windows.

ron