[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBIOS from Dell

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Sep 27 11:13:10 CEST 2007

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 03:55:17AM +0200, echelon at free.fr wrote:
> > > How about AMD ?
> >
> > AMD has been a huge contributor to linuxbios for several years
> > now. I don't know where we would be without them.
> And in the future?..

I see no reason for things to change. On the contrary I think AMD has
further increased their contributions to LB over the last year.

But please keep in mind that AMD is also a huge organization, and it
may not be practical or even possible to open source all of it even
if top level management wants to. (Note that I don't know what AMD
management has said, except to support LB, which is awesome. :)

I have understood that both (former) ATI and NVIDIA are legally bound
by agreements to technology suppliers and are not allowed to release
very detailed specifications or documentation.