[LinuxBIOS] W39V040BPZ or vt8237. Flashing problems.

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 00:05:55 CEST 2007

Adam Talbot wrote:
> Yep, my jetway has that.  It is off.  But I have not tried flashrom on
> that board. Can not seem to get the stock BIOS to boot from USB.

It's a pain in the rear. Boot the board with the USB flash drive plugged
in. Depending on if you have a hard drive installed or not, shut it down
either at the grub prompt or "cannot find boot disk prompt". Then, boot
it BACK up, go into the BIOS menu, then go into the "Hard disk priority"
in the "Advanced" menu. USB boot option should be there now. I think
it's fixed in the latest BIOS.

-Corey

>   The
> other two boards are PCChips V21G V1.0C
> -Adam

Dunno anything about those, probably some sort of GPIO protection in
place. The jetway has a similar effect if the write protection is
enabled, it takes forever attempting to program it and only one range
(60, I think) actually gets programmed.

-Corey