[coreboot] Flashing problem with SST49LF004B

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Apr 4 18:19:18 CEST 2008

Hello,

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 06:55:11PM +0530, malatesh kamatad wrote:
> Ya .. after checking that file i got result like this ...it shows
> that there is a content in that file
>
> [root at localhost ~]# hexdump sst_after_erase.bin
> 0000000 ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff
> *
> 0080000

This shows that erasing the chip works correctly. That is good news.

hexdump uses * to indicate that the previous 16 bytes of data is
repeated until the next printed address. In this case the file
contains all 0xff.

>   I think erasing is not happened properly..

Flash memory erases to all bits set to 1. When bytes are "flashed",
the neccesary bits in each byte are cleared to 0.

Please also do hexdump of sst_after_write.bin. Hopefully the contents
of that file can provide some hints about why writing fails.

This could be a timing problem in flashrom, but that is just a guess.

//Peter