[coreboot] i2c-i810 code

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Mon Apr 7 16:11:47 CEST 2008

Quoting Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de>:

> On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 08:18:20AM -0400, joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
>> What do you guys think about this? Is there any licensing issues I
>> should be worried about??
>
> Are we talking about this file?
> http://lm-sensors.org/browser/lm-sensors/trunk/kernel/busses/i2c-i810.c

Yes

> If yes, there is no problem. It's GPLv2-or-later and can be copied into
> our repo (and adapted as needed), no problem. Just keep the complete
> license header intact, of course.
>
> The question is how much of that code you need, lots of it looks very
> Linux-specific and would need quite some modifications.
Yes
> It might be
> easier to write your own code from scratch for coreboot.

Probibly, but I could use certian functions from this code.

> What exactly do you intend to do? Where's this code needed?

This code will enable communications with the Conexant CX25873 tv-out
chip via i2c through the northbridge GPIO lines. Then I can program
the tv-out registers and initialize it. I'm still not exactly sure
where this code will run. If can run before VGA is initialized that
would be great. But it may have to run after, to get the correct clock
and timing signals from the northbridge graphics, which means a
modification to the coreboot core code.

Thanks - Joe