[coreboot] patch: dbe62 boots to FILO!

Marc Jones Marc.Jones at amd.com
Mon Apr 7 18:57:20 CEST 2008

Mart Raudsepp wrote:

> To get that I had to enable 4MB mode on the dongle with a
> outb(0xf4,0x88);
> in some init code. Picked randomly northbridge/amd/geodelx/geodelxinit.c
> northbridge_init_early() as a hack

Please add these kind of customizations to the mainboard code. stage1.c
would probably work.
> Then I had to manually add the VSA, as its requirement seems hardcoded
> and its addition isn't part of the build in a manner payload.elf is.

We need to get this is platform into buildrom to automate the VSA addition.

> NAND and network doesn't seem to work at first glance, but nice progress!
>
> CS553x NAND controller: Flash I/O not enabled in MSR_DIVIL_BALL_OPTS.

You can either have the IDE or FLASH header since they share pins.
enable_ide_nand_flash needs to be set in the mainboard dts.

Marc

--
Marc Jones
Senior Firmware Engineer