[coreboot] Flashrom error:iwill board:SST49LF004A/B

bari bari at onelabs.com
Thu Apr 10 02:06:03 CEST 2008

Viswesh S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to flash Linux bios into my iwill dk8_htx board.
>
> My bios flash is SST49Lf004A/B.
>
> I am getting the following error.
>
> ERROR: %s: W83627HF: *Wrong ID*:0xFF.
>
> Is the SST 49lf004B supported by flashrom?When I checked the coreboot
> site,I could see "?" in the respective column.
>
> I get the above error when I read or write the bios.

Is the SST49lf04 an "A" or "B"?

Is this the flash device that came with the mainboard?

If not, what flash device did the board come with from the factory?

Are you running flashrom with the factory BIOS?

I'm trying to get some feedback here to see about adding some debug
and/or flash enables to flashrom and debug ideas to the flashrom wiki.

-Bari