[coreboot] unknown board - via chipset

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Apr 11 19:34:17 CEST 2008

Hi Antoine,

On 11.04.2008 17:47, Antoine Martin wrote:
> I've taken the board out (wasn't actually hard at all - it is not glued)
> And here is what I found:
> CPU is a VIA C3 Nemehia

Supported.

> Northbridge is a VT8623

Supported.

> * Via VT1612A

That's the audio chip. No support needed.

> * Via VT1211

That's the Super I/O. Supported.

> * Via VT6103

That's the ethernet chip. No support needed.

Could you try to find out which southbridge the board is using? I
suspect it is one of the VT82xx series, probably VT8235.

> * ram chips: HY5DU121622CTP

Are these RAM chips soldered directly on the board? Does the board have
a SPD EEPROM?

> * SST39SF020A
> which is soldered onto the board :(
>
> Someone with superhuman soldering skills might be able to fit a socket
> in its place... ain't me.
> (board is dual layered, so you would have to re-use those tiny pins...)
> If anyone can, I'll give them a unit for free - just email me.

There are some VIA experts on this list who can solder very well. I'll
defer to them.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel