[coreboot] SELF/ELF/LAR - add some flashrom?

Jeremy Jackson jerj at coplanar.net
Sun Apr 13 05:14:59 CEST 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-13 at 05:05 +0200, Segher Boessenkool wrote:

> This can be dealt with in the coreboot build system easily enough:
> just make sure to run the post-processor on all payload files.
> That's what build scripts are for: to make building easy, to make
> it easy to build the right way, and to make it hard to build the
> wrong way.
> The ELF loader in coreboot can easily detect this, too (it can check
> for a coreboot name segment, for example).

I'm also reminded how many flashable appliances (dlink routers, olevia
TVs) have a flash tool that's able to recognize their own images, verify
them before flashing for integrity (md5/crc/length), verify them for
compatibility "sir this binary is for your router, I'm not letting you
wreck your TV".

Is ELF up to that?

Jeremy Jackson
Coplanar Networks