[coreboot] Support for ASUS M2A-VM with AMD 690G chipset

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 14 15:21:35 CEST 2008

Dear readers,

the online shop sent me an ASUS M2A-VM instead of an ASUS M2V-MX SE [1].
They said it is “better”.

Anyway, since it has a VGA- and DVI-port and 4 S-ATA connectors, I was
wondering to keep it this way. But I think the Flash-chip is *not*
socketed.

Any new news on when the AMD 690G will be supported [2]?

Otherwise I will just send it back to the shop.

Since the board is lying on the table. Are pictures of the board needed
as Rudolf put some online for the ASUS M2V-MX SE? Could those pictures
be licensed under the GPL and uploaded to the wiki?

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2008-April/033144.html
[2] http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2008-January/029599.html