[coreboot] is multi-mode important in sata/ide land, and in particular on ck804?

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Tue Apr 22 19:56:04 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 01:27:33PM -0400, Jeremy Jackson wrote:
> I just can't tell you how exciting it is to have my SATA ports working!

:) Have you tried the patch on your hardware?

> That said, have you tried "hdparm -m16 /dev/sda"  maybe it Just
> Works(tm) ?

Ah, yes, I forgot to mention that that does not seem to work, under coreboot
nor the proprietary bios:

  HDIO_GET_MULTCOUNT failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Presumably that's a driver problem (sata_nv).

Regardless, I'd like to do whatever it is that we are not doing now to enable
multi mode - well, once it's clear what exactly that would be...

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>