[coreboot] PS/2 keyboard/mouse not working on IT8712F (here: Asus A8N-E)

Andy Jakobs andyjakobs at gmx.de
Tue Apr 22 23:37:41 CEST 2008

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 07:11:19PM +0200, Andy Jakobs wrote:
>> >From the WIKI's Asus A8N-E Build Tutorial:
>>  "Currently PS/2 keyboards do not work, but USB keyboards do."
>>
>> I can confirm that PS/2 still does not work. Unfortunately I do not have a USB keyboard anymore; once I tested it did not work, too.
>>
>> Is this a A8N-E topic only? All other mainboards with that superio are without such a problem?
>
> That's unclear, it may be that other boards are affected, but it's not
> certain that it's a pure Super I/O issue either.
>
> It's on my TODO list to investigate this, and I have an A8N-E to test,
> but I didn't find the time to do it yet.
>

> Uwe.

Uwe, thank you very much for your reply.

That sounds good! So patience is my goal... or learning C++ very fast. ;-)

I just feared that the work on the A8N-E board runs into a "dead-end".

A.f.a.i.k. the board was well sold as it was state-of-the-art some time
ago and is therefor widely available (at least in my surrounding area).

Keep healthy!

Andy