[coreboot] using grub with coreboot

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Thu Apr 24 19:24:39 CEST 2008

Mikhail Savchenko schrieb:
> Hi, Patrick
> Trying to boot my xen with grub2 installed in mbr and normal bios and
> everything boots ok, I'm afraid the problem in elf implementation of grub or
so it's not a missing feature in the multiboot loader. thanks for the
test, that eliminates several candidates!
> somewhere near it. It's very important to find the errors and fix them, may
> be you have any ideas about the placement of error log during such boot (I
> mean coreboot+grub+xen) for resolving this problem as fast as possible, I
> can switch our company developers for research this thing, but I need the
> place for start
I suspect some issues in kern/i386/loader.S. missing initialization by
the coreboot platform code, or some other weirdness in the real mode code.
I'll take a look at it, but I can't give a time estimate.

If you're looking at it, as a first step you could do "set debug=all" on
grub2's prompt, and look at the output (preferably over serial, so
things don't disappear due to scrolling), maybe it gives some hints (no