[coreboot] buildrom bug

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 20:01:58 CEST 2008

> On 25/04/08 11:45 -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
> > >  Here's the updated patch.  It needs to be preceded by
> > >  svn mv packages/utils packages/nrv2b
> >
> > Sorry.  Here's the new patch.
>
> So here is the million dollar question.  If all the .mk
> files are packages/<package>/<package>.mk, is there anything
> stopping us from constructing PAYLOAD_AND_DEP_MK like so:
>
> PAYLOAD_AND_DEP_MK = $(patsubst %,$(PACKAGE_DIR)/packages/%/%.mk,
> $(DEPENDS-y) $(PAYLOAD-y) $(HOSTTOOLS-y))

Doesn't that put you back where you were with the "You need ruby to compile
grub2"?  The point of the PAYLOAD_AND_DEP_MK variable was supposed to be
that it got set (purposefully) in the config/payloads/<payload>.conf file.
I think it's reasonable to ask a developer to set the variable when he adds
the .conf file for a new package.

> That will have the side effect of including the kernel packages, but
> we could filter those out.  I'm keen on the psuedo-automagic way that
> buildrom just works when you add a new package.

If my explanation above didn't address this, can you give me an example of a
new package that would get included without a .conf file?

Thanks,
Myles