[coreboot] ADLO for buildrom

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Wed Apr 30 21:49:26 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 01:31:33PM -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
> There is very little duplicated here.  The ADLO in coreboot relies on
> building the BOCHS bios from source with dev86, but the payloads/adlo uses
> the new legacybios version.  The only thing that is exactly the same is one
> of the elf headers.

Can you elaborate? I think I never heard of legacybios so far. What's
the purpose and history and relation to ADLO of that? Does it _replace_
ADLO completely or enhance it or... ? Also, from a quick glance it
doesn't seem to be written specifically for coreboot, what's the
original purpose (just curious)?

Do you have a comparison between ADLO as in v2 svn vs. legacybios?

Also note that legacybios is GPLv3, not sure if that's a problem
for us. Do we link GPLv2 code against that?

Thanks, Uwe.