[coreboot] [v3] VT8237R support

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 21:39:12 CEST 2008

I understand the complaints about magic numbers but here's a principal
I'd like to stick to:
if the driver comes from v2, and there was magic number in it, it was
accepted in v2.
SO:
If we want to ask for this for each magic
#warning please fix this magic number

That's fine.

BUT:
we should not require that we fix each and every magic # when they've
been in v2 for 6 years in some cases. We can't fix every v2 flaw on
the first try.

Plus, sometimes the magic numbers are magic at the request of the vendor ..

Just my $.02 :=)

And, corey, thanks. I am sensing some increasing v3 action on this
list. It's nice to see.

ron