[coreboot] patch: stage 2 ide device for mcp55
rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 18:03:14 CEST 2008
On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 3:20 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
> Maybe move the hunk above into an extra function so we can use the
> generic subsystem ID infrastructure?
It's gone. There is not one on v3 and I see no need to add it. The
propagation of subsystem stuff can be done by the dtc, AFAICS. We do
1. add subsystem info to dts and device struct
2. allow users to specify subsystem to any node in the dts. All nodes
node will inherit that id unless they similarly set it.
3. at the root, we set subsystem to (I assume) mainboard VID and DID
4. at flatten tree time, we walk the tree and propagate subsystem VID
and DID to
children. This ensures that all devices have it at compile time
5. In a final pass at runtime (probably phase6) we walk the tree and,
for devices that set 'support subsystem VID/DID', we set it into the
Done. Run time mess becomes compile time mess. Unless I'm missing something.
If I am, let me know.
More information about the coreboot