[coreboot] patch: stage 2 ide device for mcp55

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Aug 12 03:36:41 CEST 2008

On 11.08.2008 18:03, ron minnich wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 3:20 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
>> Maybe move the hunk above into an extra function so we can use the
>> generic subsystem ID infrastructure?
> It's gone. There is not one on v3 and I see no need to add it. The

We have a generic subsystem ID infrastructure in v3. Look at

> propagation of subsystem stuff can be done by the dtc, AFAICS. We do
> this:
> 1. add subsystem info to dts and device struct

We only have per-mainboard subsystem info in the dts. We need to add
per-device subsystem info to the dts.

> 2. allow users to specify subsystem to any node in the dts. All nodes
> under that
>    node will inherit that id unless they similarly set it.

Not yet done.

> 3. at the root, we set subsystem to (I assume) mainboard VID and DID

We set a special variable mainboard_subsystem_vendor and ..._id as part
of the mainboard struct.

> 4. at flatten tree time, we walk the tree and propagate subsystem VID
> and DID to
> children. This ensures that all devices have it at compile time

Not yet.

> 5. In a final pass at runtime (probably phase6) we walk the tree and,
> for devices that set 'support subsystem VID/DID', we set it into the
> hardware.

We do that in pci_dev_enable_resources().

> Done. Run time mess becomes compile time mess. Unless I'm missing something.
> If I am, let me know.

See above.

A few seconds ago, I posted a patch to move the mcp55 subsystem ID code
to the existing v3 infrastructure.