[coreboot] patch: mcp pci device

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Aug 12 03:44:36 CEST 2008

On 11.08.2008 18:10, ron minnich wrote:
> Committed revision 741.
>
> I am leaving such v2 artifacts as the #if 1 in there for now. It is a
> marker and I want to leave the markers there in case we hit a problem.
> It was there for a purpose-- we just don't know what it was.

If we don't know the purpose, it's pointless to keep it. Usually, these
#if 1 come from partial patches where code was unfinished inside #if 0,
then it worked and it was changed to #if 1. During submission, nobody
bothered to look at the code. The "whole tree checkins" from days long
past were absolute horror from a code history perspective. We have no
chance to ever find out what people were thinking when they added the #if 1.

I know you want to get one K8 board up and running ASAP, but can we
please at least maintain an illusion of code cleanup?

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/