[coreboot] Windows XP boots

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Sun Aug 17 18:24:43 CEST 2008

I've now successfully installed and booted Windows XP professional on
my epia-m with coreboot-v2 and seabios.

The changes to seabios have been committed to the git repo.  One can
download it with:

  git clone git://git.linuxtogo.org/home/kevin/seabios.git

The reason the install and boot failed before was due to the pcibios
functions.  The VIA vga card shows up on bus 1 on the epia-m.
However, the pcibios functions only supported bus 0.  The latest
seabios git now supports pcibios calls on machines with more than 1

I still need to disable ACPI support in order to install winxp (hit
the F7 key when asked about additional driver).  This appears to be
due to incomplete ACPI support in coreboot-v2 for the epia-m.

To enable coreboot support in seabios, modify the file src/config.h
and change CONFIG_COREBOOT to 1.  You'll also likely want to change
CONFIG_PCI_BUS_COUNT is correct for your machine.

There is still plenty of stuff to do, but I think this is an important
step forward.