[coreboot] r783 - coreboot-v3/arch/x86

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 22:00:01 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> Does the current SELF code allow per-segment compression selection? The
> SELF wiki page http://www.coreboot.org/SELF suggests this is not the
> case. How do we load data files to a prespecified location? The entry
> point is a mandatory part of the SELF spec because it also works as
> terminator.

"This segment has executable code to be copied from the data section
to memory. Each CODE segment has a corresponding block of data, which
may be compressed in the LAR. Multiple segments of this type are
allowed. "

I find the wording to mean that the data can be compressed.

ron