[coreboot] Windows XP boots

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Wed Aug 20 02:16:15 CEST 2008

Hi Myles,

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 04:54:55PM -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
> It changed the behavior for me for XP installation.  Now I get "Hardware
> Malfunction  Contact your hardware vendor for support."

Well, I guess that's progress.  :-/  Does it fail after a while, or
right at the start?  You got through the install with bochs bios,
right?

> I used 6 for the number of PCI buses.
[...]
> PCI: 07:09.1 [14e4/1648] enabled

I think you want to set CONFIG_PCI_BUS_COUNT to 8 - it should be one
more than your largest bus number.

> It still hangs in the same place for ReactOS.  It wants me to press enter to
> continue, but it's frozen.

Hrmm.  Does the bios keyboard support work at all?  If you use a
freedos CD, can you type in dos commands?

Have you been able to confirm that reactos works on your machine with
a different bios?

-Kevin