[coreboot] r820 - in coreboot-v3: mainboard/amd/serengeti southbridge/amd/amd8111

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sun Aug 24 22:32:09 CEST 2008

On 24.08.2008 21:55, svn at coreboot.org wrote:
> Author: rminnich
> New Revision: 820
>
> Grow rom space. This now gets a triple fault but I am hoping some smart
> person can fix it.

Could you post a boot log?

Depending on when the triple fault happens, I might know the solution.
- Directly at AP startup: Easy. The global variables are overwritten by
every AP and can lead to NULL pointer derefs. (Does not apply in
single-core single-processor environments.)
- Same for any point after AP startup.
- Before AP startup or on uniprocessor: Either a stack overrun (bad) or
CAR corruption (worse).
- In theory, jumping to the wrong place could be as damaging.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/