[coreboot] what could cause this?

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Aug 26 15:04:06 CEST 2008

On 26.08.2008 06:14, ron minnich wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 4:35 PM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:
>> oh great. More binutils version madness? OK, I'll try to track this down
> relief. I had an old version of lar in /usr/local/bin .... pilot error.
> The bootblock is fine. I still don't see why it's not finding the
> other LAR entries but will look later.

Fill up the LAR with lots of small uncompressed consecutively numbered
members. Then you can see from the boot log which member is first to be
seen. Try this script:

dd if=/dev/zero bs=512 count=1 of=build/blob
for ((i=0; i<400; i++)); do
  build/util/lar/lar -a build/coreboot.rom build/blob:blob$i

And then look at the boot log for the name of the first visible member.
Look up that name with
lar -l build/coreboot.rom
and you have the address of the first visible member. Simple.