[coreboot] Tyan Product Listings

joelr at tyan.com joelr at tyan.com
Wed Aug 27 16:34:56 CEST 2008

Stefan,

Here is a list of products we have tested thus far and have found will work just fine with FlashROM

Motherboard Flash Utility Support Spreadsheet

Bios Chip Vendor

Bios Chip Part #

Motherboard

Linux Flash Utility

FlashROM (v3332)

FlashROM (v3332)

OS Support

32-bit Distributions

64-bit Distributions

S5377

Yes

SST

49LF008A

S5376G2NR

Yes

Yes

SST

49LF008A

S5376WAG2NR

Yes

Yes

SST

49LF008A

S5375

Yes

SST

49LF008A

S5375-1U

Yes

SST

49LF008A

S5220

Yes

SST

49LF008A

S5211

Yes

Yes

SST

49LF008A

S5211-1U

Yes

Yes

SST

49LF008A

S5197

Yes

SST

49LF008A

S5191

Yes

SST

49LF008A

S5180

Yes

SST

49LF008A

S3095

Yes

SST

49LF008A

S2882

Yes

Yes

PMC

49LF004T

S2882-D

Yes

Yes

PMC

49LF004T

S2881

Yes

Yes

PMC

49LF004T

Our process is still ongoing so we will have new updates periodically to help include new FlashROM versions as well as new Tyan motherboards to this listing.

Our plans are to go through our current product listings and see if we can get FlashROM to work on them.  We want to be able to add something other than AMI, Award or Phoenix as a flash utility for our customers.  We have been pleased with what the FlashROM utility does and we are working on further validation with this particular utility.

Thanks again for your reply and we will continue to stay in touch as new updates are made available.

Joel Robertson

Tech Support Manager

Customer Service Manager

Vendor Relations Manager